4.05.2012

Happy Anniversary to me.

One year has passed. One year since the fate I felt coming for months before, came to be. One year since I became a stay-at-home-mom. One year of not being able to say "Oh me? I work at...". One year of being a domestic diva, goddess, engineer...and all the other silly things I call myself.

Goodness that went by fast. 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days...give or take. I can barely remember a time when I didn't work. A time when a huge part of my self worth was not measured by a pay check. It's quite bittersweet at times. I love being home with my boys. I love being able to be the mom I always wanted to be, running off here and there, park, playdate, impromptu afternoon ice cream run, arts and crafts scattered about the kitchen table. And I feel a little bit of guilt that I wasn't able to be this mom from the start. And I think how funny life can be...you never know what you're capable of doing, or doing without, until you have no choice. Life is good.

I've been wondering what my next step will be, and when it will be. Feeling a tad antsy at times, as I wait for my "aha" moment. I'm convinced it will come. I hope I notice it when it does. But in the meantime, life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know about your wedding anniversary and sheer fun associated with the party planned. My friends are looking for a bridal shower before my wedding next month. Thinking to book one of the best party venue for the Halloween theme evening. Dinner and desserts will all be commonly decided with favors and invitations.

    ReplyDelete