3.26.2011

Freeze.

Sometimes, a funny thing happens when you put your baby to sleep.

Anthony has been asleep since about 8:30p (a little late for him). And it is 10:51p as I write this. I'm chillin' online, chatting it up with some friends, enjoying a glass of red, and researching the latest car seat/stroller/cloth diaper/insert any other baby-related item here...(yeah - you didn't know I have a problem??). And then I hear it. That undeniable sound that I am sure I would be able to identify from a room-full of babies 3.8 miles away. HIM. CRYING.

And I freeze. No, I mean really. I stop typing. My eyes fix on some random object on our living room floor. And I sit. Motionless. Because surely he might hear me breathe, or type, or blink...and realize that I am just down the hall. And that I will dash into his room faster than a bullet train, for fear of his crying getting worse and really waking him up, and worse - waking up his big brother right next door.

And just like that. Silence. He cried out once, I lost about 3 hours off my life. And he's back asleep. My heart is still pounding.

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny! Your boys must be light sleepers..it takes a full on crying ruckus to get me off the couch after bedtime =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL My kids share a room and rarely wake each other up with a crying fit, and believe me there's been some tantrums.

    ReplyDelete