12.02.2011

Anthony is 22 months old today.

He is TWO months away from being TWO. Eeeek! He still seems like a baby to me, because he's still so babyish in so many ways I guess.

Anyway, not sure what inspired this all of a sudden, but here are 22 things I love about my 22 month old, in no particular order:

1. His eyes. Those big puppy dog eyes.
2. His ability to work the lower lip when upset. He doesn't make a sound, no tears are shed, but the lip speaks volumes.
3. His independence. He has to do everything on his own terms, pushing me away and refusing help even when he is so so frustrated.
4. The "I did it myself!" look when he nails something. He is so proud of his accomplishments.
5. I love that he loves most things I cook. I know this won't last forever.
6. The way he cuddles his "baby dog", and holds him by his tail when falling asleep. Sometimes he likes to rub his tail across his nose. So cute.
7. His wispy hair, especially when it gets a little curl in it when he's sweaty or hot.
8. The way he runs. Cute little waddle.
9. How he attacks my mom's handbag for a lollipop before she can even get through the door. He knows exactly which pocket she keeps them in.
10. His love for Matthew.
11. His love of books.
12. His ability to communicate, even though he still can't seem to find the words.
13. His love for the outdoors.
14. How well he adjusts to vacations. My little seasoned traveler.
15. The feeling of his little chubby hand in mine.
16. Our bedtime cuddles on the glider.
17. Our morning snuggles in our bed.
18. His gentle manner with other children, especially babies. And animals.
19. His love of avocado. He gets that from me.
20. Hide 'n seek. He hides under the dining room table. Every single time.
21. The way he says (yells) mom-meeeeeeeee!
22. His smell. The smell of his hair, his sweet baby breath, even his stinky little piggy-toes. I wish I could bottle his scent.



No comments:

Post a Comment