6.11.2012

Still rockin' the oil.

So it's been a while since I started using the oil cleansing method, and I thought I'd give a bit of an update for the 1.3 people who care. I think I like it! I don't know that my skin feels any cleaner or softer than when I was applying a chemical filled cleanser, but it sure doesn't feel worse. And the other day, a friend told me my skin looked great, and asked if I had anything done, like a peal or something. Sweet.

I have since started using castor oil, along with olive oil and a couple drops of tea tree oil. And yes, this concoction still sits in a shot glass on my bathroom counter. I really need to find something else to put it in. I made a batch using 3 tablespoons of olive oil to 1 tablespoon castor oil, and at some point I think I added maybe another teaspoon of castor, which seems to be working better since I have combination skin.

I think I'll keep up with it. I like having all the ingredients at home, and I love that they are all natural. Plus, a little goes a LONG way (I use about 1/4 teaspoon per wash).  If you are even remotely curious about it, try it out. But I will warn you, you really do have to give it a sold 1-2 weeks for your skin to adjust. 


No comments:

Post a Comment