4.27.2011

Change.

I am usually not a fan of change. It worries me, it makes my heart skip a few beats, it makes me anxious. I like things planned, especially when they are planned by moi.

But - every once in a while, you have to roll with the punches...or homies, or whatever it is you roll with. I like to roll with homies who throw the occasional punches (snort). And when I do, I find that change can be good. More than good, it can be liberating, and life altering, and just what the doctor ordered.

So, what has changed in our life? Well, I lost my job. I lost a job that I thought was a career. But now I don't know that it was. It could have been...and it could be. But for now, THIS is exactly where I want to be. I am home with my boys. We run errands, and we play, and learn, and do all those thing I missed out on in almost 4years. We snuggle and laugh...and sometimes cry when things don't go our way. I would not trade it for anything. I don't know how long we'll be able to do this...day by day we will figure it out. My wonderful hubby, Bobby, has been nothing but supportive. Just today he told me he would want nothing more than to have our babies home with their mom (Insert squishy sparkly heart here). We'll see. For now, this change is GOOD.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why (that's a lie), but this has left me a sobbing mess in my office. I hope you can do it for a long long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are exactly where you're supposed to be in this moment. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete