2.02.2011

Happy First Birthday My Sweet.

As predicted, I got a little emotional last night as we rocked away in the soft glow of your night light. Looking at you snuggled in my arms, mo-mo in mouth, your sweet little hands holding onto baby-dog, a flood of memories came rushing back. I could see your little toes, your wrinkly little legs. I could hear your grunts and squeals. And goodness you smelled good...that newborn baby smell that I'm sure every mommy can identify. How did we get here so fast? I recall asking for time to slow down a bit but I don't think my request was granted. I'll forgive it...because while I miss your itty bitty newborn stage so much, I would not trade this you for anything.

Thank you for this past year. Thank you for choosing me. For teaching me not to take the little things for granted, for letting me see all the joy and love there is to see in this world. You made our family complete. May this next year be filled with all the wonder and magic your sweet little heart can handle. Happy Birthday baby boy. Mommy loves you to the moon and the stars...

Anthony Mario, born February 2, 2010 at 1:42am. 
7lbs, 12oz. and 20.5 inches long.


2 comments: